The following is a guest post from our friends at Code & State. InfinitySwap is a Proud Media Sponsor of the Upcoming event in Miami.
Dear (future) Motokocampers: you are already more than 2000 to have applied for the next edition of Motoko Bootcamp, taking place May 8–14th. 🤯
I’m super excited to have you join our community and looking forward to meeting all of you. To ensure your access to the Bootcamp, please read this article and follow all instructions.
Step 1: Apply (before the 4th of May) 👋
- If you haven’t already, fill out the application form.
- Follow Motoko Bootcamp on Twitter.
- Join our Discord and introduce yourself in the dedicated channel.
Benefits: You’re now part of our community! This means you can access educational resources and stay updated on upcoming events. Remember that being a member doesn’t automatically guarantee you a spot in the next cohort for the Bootcamp.
Deadline: The application deadline is the 4th of May 2023 at 8:00 AM UTC+00:00.
Step 2: Qualify (before the 6th of May) ✅
In order to make sure that you have the foundational skills necessary for the Bootcamp, we ask you:
- Deploy a canister on the Internet Computer. This canister should have one method called `greet.` This method takes any text input and returns a greet message. For instance, if you input `Seb,` the canister should return: `Hello Seb.` Check out this example canister and follow this tutorial to help you along the way. Don’t hesitate to ask for support on Discord; we are here to help.
- Deploy the code for your project on GitHub. Ensure your repository is public, and we will have access to it.
- Note the ID of your canister and the URL of your public repository.
- Fill out the qualification form.
- Our team will review your form. After a few days, assuming everything is correct, you’ll receive a role on Discord, “Motoko Bootcamp 2023”. Congrats, you are now qualified!
Benefits: As a qualified student: you’ll be assigned to a team. You’ll receive support from mentors and the opportunity to graduate, receive your diploma, join our talent pool, and access potential job opportunities!
Deadline: The deadline for qualification is set to the 6th of May 2023 at 8:00 AM UTC+00:00.
Step 3: Participate (8–14th May)👨💻
Join the Kick-Off event on Monday 8th, follow the announcements on Discord, and get ready for an intense week of learning!
Additional resources ️📚
To help you along the process of qualification, you’ll probably find those videos useful:
- What is the Internet Computer? A beginner’s explanation. This 10-minute video provides a technical overview of the Internet Computer, which is essential to understand before the Bootcamp.
- Set up your environment for building on the Internet Computer (ICP) This video demonstrates how to configure your machine with the necessary tools before the Bootcamp.
- Deploy your First dApp on the Internet Computer in 10 minutes! This tutorial will guide you through deploying your first canister (dApp) in under 10 minutes, which is necessary to complete the qualification challenge.
To sum it up: Apply — Qualify — Participate.